Golden v. Armory
Supreme Judicial Court of MA - 1952
- Ds owned a hydroelectric plant which used dams.
- As a result of a hurricane, a river overflowed and damaged the property of several Ps.
- P sued D in strict liability for the damage.
- Trial court found for D, no strict liability.
- MA Supreme Judicial Court affirmed, no strict liability.
- Does the rule on strict liability apply to flooding caused by acts of God?
- The rule on strict liability does not apply to flooding caused by acts of God.